Sunday 8 March 2015

The top 10 best summer vacations i ever had in Ontario


Growing up, my parents loved to take us to different parts of the province, and looking back at it, I’ve come up with my top ten vacation spots in Ontario.

Taken from: Microsoft 2011 Clip art suite

I have been throughout this great province of ours and seen many amazing things. Yet there are specifically 10 things I remember about the most amazing vacation spots I’ve been to in my life.

10) Halliburton Wolf Reserve: This is the greatest wolf sanctuary I have ever been to. It’s deep in Halliburton, on 10-acre parcel of land. They have it all natural, and it shows how wolves live and interact. When we went, we say the alpha male. He was this huge black majestic beast with these soul piercing yellow eyes. I’m still affected by his presence to this day.

9) Camping: When I was a kid, camping was a big part of our summer routine. Specifically Algonquin Park. It’s about 250km north of the city, and it was beautiful. Great campsites, and amazing beaches. I always enjoyed our trips there.
8)Manitoulin Island: I always like the trip there, because of the Indian reserve. Learning about the history was always fun and interesting.

7) Kingston Ontario: When I was younger, we would go to Kingston once a summer for a bagpipe event. I fell in love with the city and the history. So much to do there, and the people are really nice.

6) Orillia: A beautiful destination to visit, especially in the summer. It’s a vibrant city with a rich colourful history. Great shops, restaurants specifically the Mariposa Bakery. They offer some of the best desserts I’ve ever had. Reason enough to make the trip.

5) Barrie: I enjoy Barrie because it has one of my favourite resorts: Horseshoe Valley. I have briefly described horseshoe in a prior post. But, it was a big part of my life many years. So, I grew fond of that place.

4) Toronto: I picked Toronto more for the sights and attractions than accommodations. There is so much to do in our great city; from shopping to arts, etc. Pretty much anything you can think of doing, its there.

3) Burlington: This is a beautiful city with lots to do. Yet, it’s still small enough that it has a small town charm. There are historical sights, to modern shopping conveniance, plus, it’s extremely close to the city. Nice, warm people make Burlington a great city.

2) Port Credit: Town I was born in. It is the perfect mix of old and new. It has lots of interesting things to see such as the old Adamson estate, the lighthouse, and the walkway along lakeshore. Lots of things to do.

1) Mississauga: This one is obvious, why I chose my city. Sure I have lived here my whole life, so I know what I’m talking about. There is so much to do here; you can go to super built up, to nature all around. From small density of people to large density of people. We have theater, visual arts, and music. It’s a diverse city. I love it here.

What are your top 10 vacation spots in Ontario??













No comments:

Post a Comment