Tuesday 24 March 2015

My Awesome ontario travel experience at Waupoos Island


The main question I get when talking about my experience at Waupoos Island is first, “where the heck is that??” And, then followed up by “what is there to do.”

Fig.1: Golden Glen Farm House (Photograph) By Harinui Farms, 2015, adapted,  http://www.waupoosisland.com/p-golden-glen.html


The beautiful Waupoos island is located approximately 200km east of Toronto. It’s nestled in the small community of Prince Edward County (Road Side Thought, 19/02/15), and is a bit of a hike for this ontario travel experience. I went there when I was about 13, initially, I thought I would be bored out of my skull when I reached the boat that was going to ferry us over to Waupoos island. It took about 20 minutes to get over, and all I saw was greenery, sheep and cows. I thought great, this is going to blow; how very wrong I was. Being away from technology and modern distractions allowed me to connect with a simpler time. This island was settled in the 1800’s, so it was pretty simple the amenities, but the activities were plentiful. We had miles of private beaches to walk on and enjoy. With no TV, we had the pleasure of just talking to each other. I feel this is a skill that’s being lost. We had lots of opportunities to swim, and be near the local wild life. After my time there, I felt satisfied that this was one of the best vacation spots I have ever been to. I would highly recommend Waupoos Island for any upcoming Vacations.

Where have you gone-in Ontario, that at first, you thought would not be fun; only to be proven wrong? And you had a blast?

References:
Road Side Thought. (19. Feb, 2015). Waupoos Island, Ontario. Taken from, http://roadsidethoughts.com/on/waupoos-island-tidbits.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment